200 words nonverbal miscommunication
Nonverbal communication is one of the most powerful ways that we communicate in our interpersonal relationships. Sometimes, however, we may find ourselves unintentionally communicating the wrong message. In this discussion, you will need to identify and focus on one of the functions of nonverbal communication.
Prepare: As you prepare to write this discussion post, take a few moments to do the following:
- Read the writing prompt below in its entirety. Notice that there are two tasks:
- Describe an instance of miscommunication based on nonverbal communication
- Connect this experience to one or more functions of nonverbal communication outlined in the text.
- Review Chapter 4 in your text.
- Review the grading rubric and remember that 25% of your grade is based on your application of course material (Content/Subject Knowledge) and 25% is based on your ability to demonstrate you are thinking critically and presenting original ideas.
Reflect: Take time to reflect on the role of nonverbal messages in communication and the importance of understanding nonverbal communication. Think about some examples of nonverbal communication in your own life. Think about an experience you’ve had that involved a misunderstanding the resulted from unintended nonverbal communication.
Write: Based on the information in Chapter 4:
- Describe an instance of miscommunication based on nonverbal communication by providing an example of a time when you nonverbally communicated something other than what you meant. Alternatively, use an example of when someone else communicated something to you nonverbally that was not what they meant.
- What happened in this situation?
- Based on what you’ve learned in Chapter 4 this week, which function(s) of nonverbal communication does your example illustrate?
Thoroughly address all three elements of this prompt by writing at least two to three sentences on each element. Use the course readings at least once to help you make your points. Consider copying and pasting these tasks into a word file and addressing each of them separately. Your answers should begin with some points about the importance of understanding nonverbal communication generally and then provide examples.
Your initial response should be 200-300 words in length and is due by Thursday, Day 3.
Respond to Peers: Review your classmates’ posts and try to find some common ground or expand on the students’ ideas. Use the text to expand on everyone’s understanding of the importance of nonverbal communication. Ask questions that will improve everyone’s understanding of the key functions of nonverbal communication. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts by Monday, Day 7. Response posts must be 125 to 200 words in length. If you have questions about how to participate in discussions, consult “About Discussions” under the Course Home menu.
Bevan, J. L., & Sole, K. (2014). Making connections: Understanding interpersonal communication (2nd ed.). San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
"Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
If yes Order Similar Paper