- Immediacy is the ability of the counselor or therapist to deal with the relationship between past and present behaviors of the client.True
- Perls:had a passionate belief in the holistic nature of humankind.
believed that human beings had the capacity and strength to grow, develop, and to become the persons that they desired.
asked clients to focus on why they behaved in certain ways.
both “a” and “b” above.
- Awareness is the key to Gestalt therapy. Through awareness, the organism/person naturally proceeds toward:growth.
all of the above.
- Active listening strategies include all but one of the following:paraphrase
- Which of the following is not one of the four parts to dream narratives according to Jung?telling who, where, when, and what of the dream
exposure and exploration of the complexes
identifying the turning point in the dream
determining what caused the dream
- The developer of dialectical behavior therapy is:Marsha Linehan.
- One of the views that Gestalt theory holds regarding the individual is that he or she is:fully responsible for his or her behavior.
shaped by forces in the environment.
motivated by unconscious drives.
not able to become aware of himself or herself in the here and now.
- Jung parted ways with Sigmund Freud over Freud’s emphasis on biological drives and sexual urges as prime human motivating factors.True
- A criticism of person-centered counseling or therapy is:its deterministic stance.
rigid steps in the counseling or therapy process.
too few specifics regarding actions for the new counselor or therapist.
- Murray Bowen is acknowledged by many as the pioneer in applying cybernetic system’s thinking to human interaction.True
- The term transpersonal means beyond the personal, ego, or self.True