- Research on existential theoryhas been labored because the unscripted nature of the existential journey does not easily lend itself to the scientific process of measurement
has continued to be strong, producing considerable research
has been absent because it focuses on the relationship and that is difficult to measure
as waned because existentialism is almost nonexistent, especially internationally
- The Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development’s Multicultural Counseling Competencies emphasize:self-awareness, awareness of clients’ worldviews, and awareness of culturally appropriate interventions.
self-awareness, spiritual awareness, and valuing peace.
not working with culturally different clients.
knowledge of different cultures, their customs, and traditional foods.
- Glasser would agree with all of the following except:People do not have to be victims of their past experiences.
People are more likely to change when threatened by punishment.
People have more control over their lives than they realize.
People try to change their world to match what they want.
- Which of the following is not a principle of Adler’s theory?Social interest
Early sexual childhood experiences
- According to the oppression model in multicultural counseling, __________ refers to unearned access to resources to resources that is readily available to social identity groups with more power.prejudice
- According to creativity in counseling, creativitypromotes new perspectives, problem solving, and productive relationships
is stifled in counselors with no formal creative arts training
can be used without consideration of the ACA Code of Ethics
is relegated to a special few
- The central issue in existential therapy is:examining irrational beliefs.
freedom and responsibility.
- In choice theory, human motivation springs from which of these five sources?belonging, survival, knowledge, fun, power
power, achievement, enjoyment, information, security
survival, achievement, love, success, pride
survival, belonging, power, freedom, fun
- Which of the following interventions involves gradual exposure to an item or circumstance that produces fear?Systematic desensitization
- A criticism of person-centered counseling or therapy is:its deterministic stance.
rigid steps in the counseling or therapy process.
too few specifics regarding actions for the new counselor or therapist.
- Which one of the following is not one of the three core conditions that drive the process of change?Positive regard