- Adolescence is a time when existential issueshave not yet developed.
are found only in individuals who have been through trauma.
are real, death can no longer be denied.
are minimal because teens do not have many struggles.
- Perls did not:ask clients to focus on why they behaved in certain ways.
believe that human beings had the capacity and strength to grow, develop, and to become the persons that they desired.
believe that behavior is a result of mistaken beliefs.
have a passionate belief in the holistic nature of humankind.
- Dialectical behavior theory is driven by three theories. Which of the following is not one of those?behavior therapy
biosocial theory of borderline personality disorder
- ____________ theory influenced the Association for Creativity in Counseling and creativity in counseling.Reality
- All of the following are goals of feminist therapy except for:striving for gender equality.
freeing clients of gender role socialization.
confronting forms of institutional oppression.
resolving intrapsychic conflicts from early childhood
- The founder of person-centered therapy is:Natalie Rogers.
Frederick “Fritz” Perls.
- Which of the following is used to conduct a lifestyle analysis?Use of the miracle question
Questions about the family constellation
Uncovering unconscious thoughts
Asking the client about irrational thoughts
- Self-efficacy refers toa feeling of having respect for oneself.
a behavior therapy intervention.
gaining a better understanding of self.
a sense of personal competence or mastery.
- When working with culturally diverse clients, narrative therapy can be used to help individuals from diverse backgrounds to do all of the following exceptDecode systemic and macroaggressions
Combat discriminatory stories
Accept their social positioning
- Regarding multicultural counseling, narrative therapy has been found to be particularly effective because:it confronts mistaken beliefs.
it is brief.
it allows clients to tell their unique stories from their perspective and is founded in a sociocultural context.
the counselor teaches the client how to express feelings.
- In practicing reality therapy, counselors and therapists focus on:the interpersonal relationships of the client.
insight into causes of behavior.
- Overall, the onus is on the ____________ to be aware of his or her limits of practice as well as the limitations of transpersonal interventions with seriously mentally ill individuals.counseling supervisor
state licensing board
- Currently, a major goal for feminist therapists is toreenergize the consciousness-raising group movement
eliminate the use of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders diagnostic system in counseling
encourage more men to become feminist therapists
integrate multiculturalism and social justice into feminist therapy
- Constructivist theorists posit that development is woven throughout the life span in a continuous process involvingself-love, self-respect, and self-identity.
self-definition, self-knowledge, and self-identity.
self-love, self-knowledge, and self-identity.
self-definition, self-knowledge, and self-respect.
- Which of the following is not consistent with rational emotive behavior therapy?Thinking, feeling, and behaving are interconnected.
Events or other people make us feel bad or good.
Emotional distress results from exaggeration, overgeneralization, and unvalidated assumptions.
Irrational beliefs emanate from environmental and genetic factors.
- The term social interest does not refer to:striving for a better future for all humans.
an individual’s attitude in dealing with the social world.
a sense of identification and empathy with others.