1. All of the following require an incident report to be filed except
A. if the wrong patient is contacted for an appointment reminder.
B. if the employee suffers a needle stick.
C. if the wrong medication is administered to the patient.
D. if the patient falls in the hallway.
2. The process of a data code being unreadable until its destination is reach is called
3. The _______ is a centralized location for a summary of a patient’s acute and chronic conditions.
A. chief complaint
B. medical history
C. disease list
D. problem list
4. Which of the following are not guidelines for proper telephone etiquette?
A. Answer by the third ring is possible
B. Answer with a pleasant greeting
C. Speak slowly and clearly
D. Keep a straight, professional face
5. Myrtle uses a cane to ambulate. She came to the clinic for an appointment, but before making it inside the building she tripped and fell on the curb. What type of document needs to be created?
A. Incident report
B. Fall report
C. Accident report
D. Injury report
6. Through the use of _______ a patient may view open appointments or schedule their own appointment.
A. patient access
B. patient flow
C. patient gateway
D. patient portal
7. Cindy has a hand-written fax number from a patient’s parent to fax a note to the school for use of a medication while at school. Cindy is unable to read all of the fax numbers. What should she do?
A. Avoid sending the note since the correct number wasn’t given
B. Call the patient to confirm the number
C. Send to the closest number
D. Ask other office staff
8. What’s the default landing page in SCMO when entering a patient encounter?
B. Chief complaint
C. Vital signs
D. Progress note
9. _______ is a rundown of organ systems that can be used to pinpoint certain concerns or unusual findings.
End of exam
A. Review of systems
B. Report of symptoms
C. Report of systems
D. Review of symptoms
10. “It feels like an ice pick in my head” and “I’m coughing up a lung” are considered
A. chief complaints.
B. reason for visit.
C. presenting symptom.
D. medical concerns.