Application Security Discussion 2 – Encryption
A human resources manager stores a spreadsheet with sensitive personal information on her local workstation. The spreadsheet is the only file with sensitive data, and the name of the spreadsheet does not change.
As a security specialist, you must choose the best form of encryption to protect the spreadsheet. Your choices are:
- BitLocker To Go
- File encryption via Encrypting File System (EFS)
- Folder encryption via EFS
Answer the following question(s):
- Which form of encryption would ensure the spreadsheet is always stored on the disk in encrypted format? More than one form may be correct.
- Sources: 2 References to Support your answer
- Citation Style: APA format
- Length: 2 – 3 para graphs