Asian American Activism
The purpose of this final project is to apply what we have learned about “Asian American Activism” in our class discussions and each student will research a prevelant issue that the Asian American community is currently facing and how the Asian American community is addressing the prevalent issue.
Part 1: What is the issue?
- Identify a problem/issue in the Asian American Community
- Research the problem/issue and how community leaders and organizations are addressing the issue– Students will gather data from studies and databases.
Part 2: What are we going to do?
- Identify and Research an Asian American Public Official, Constituents and/or a Community Organization that addresses the issue
- Develop a collective plan of action to address the problem.
You will apply the findings from your research on the topic chosen for the Community Project by creating:
Community Report (7 pages, Double Space, Times Roman, 12 Font)
- History/ Background of the Asian American Issue [ 2-3 pages ]
- Discuss what Asian American leaders, public officials and/or community organizations are doing to address the issue. [ 2-3 pages ]
- Suggest a Plan of Action that the class can take to support the Asian American Issue [ 2-3 pages]
- Works Cited/ Bibliography (4-6 sources) [ 1-2 pages ]