Only Charter 6 P (113-137 )
AHVS337: READING REVIEW
KEEP IN MIND THAT IT IS ALWAYS FAR MORE DIFFICULT TO FORMULATE
SENTENCES ABOUT THE CONTENT OF A READING THAN IT IS TO UNDERSTAND
THE INFORMATION/ IDEAS WHEN READING IT. AND REPRODUCING THE
INFORMATION/ IDEAS IN YOUR OWN WORDS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IN THIS
OUTLINE / HEADINGS:
1) Summary 4) Reading Experience 6) Questions
2) Main Points 5) New Knowledge 7) Terminology
1) Summary: Summarize in a paragraph or two, the article / book / reading as a whole
2) Main Points: What is (are) the main point(s) made in this reading?
2.i) If applicable, what is a secondary point made by the author?
2.ii) If applicable, what ideas/interpretations/theoretical frameworks is the writer
countering, challenging or augmenting?
3) Sources: What kinds of sources does the author draw on?
3.i) Are they academic; popular; oral; personal? Written, visual, aural?
3.ii) If academic, are they anthropological, historical or literary? Are they primary
documents (archival texts, or from material culture, like art objects) or secondary
documents? Are they written or oral, archival, daily media, other?
3.iii) If applicable, how is this approach different from earlier/other methods of
study you are familiar with, in this area or discipline?
4) Reading Experience: How did you experience reading this essay/article?
4.i) … in terms of its writing style
4.ii) … in terms of how convincingly the argument was presented and backed up
4.iii) What would your main critique of the article be, on both positive and negative
5) New Knowledge: List 3 things you learned that you did not know before
6) Terminology: List 3 foreign or technical – /discipline specific terms you found in this
article and give their definition
7) Question: Formulate a question you would like to ask the author if you met him/her
informally, say at a café or at a friend’s party
Readings for each week will be posted on the CourseSpaces. Length: 2-1/2–3 pp. double or 1-1/2
spaced, Times New Roman 12 point, margins ¾ all around.
"Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
If yes Order Similar Paper