BAPTIST MEDICAL CENTER JACKSONVILLE
Topic: Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville
Systems analysis serves as a vital design, strategic and long-term planning resource for Healthcare Manager and Administrators. This assignment will allow the student an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge of the systems framework which represents the central design of every health care delivery system or health services organization. Within the paper, the student needs to accomplish the following:
- Select a health system, health services organization or local hospital.
- Apply the Health System Assessment Headings to collect information from the organization’s website.
- Supplement findings with research on health systems or healthcare management.
- Document findings in an APA formatted paper using the Health System Assessment Headings.
Health System Assessment Headings
Include the following information in your course project.
- System Foundation
a. Company Description: The healthcare organization description outlines vital details about the company, such as name, location, size, target market (ambulatory, dialysis, hospice, long term care, surgical center or tertiary facility). Also describe the health system’s mission, vision and values.
b. Management Summary: Describe how the organization is governed and introduce the leadership team.
- System Resources
. Human Resources: Provide insight relating to staffing and human resources.
a. Technology & Equipment: Identify any noted significant current or new diagnostic equipment/technologies (CT Scan/MRI/Laser/Life Science/Research).
b. Finance: Denote and explain financial/economic approach (For Profit/Non-Profit). Provide a general summary reporting operating expenditures, if available.
- System Processes
. Products or Services: Describe products and/or services with emphasis on the patient value. Note specialized care delivery capabilities (i.e. Cardiology, Emergency Management, Oncology, Stroke, Surgical, or Trauma) and/or any other special capability designations.
a. Market Analysis: The market analysis is also known as a documented investigation of a market that is used to inform a firm’s planning activities, particularly around decisions of inventory, purchase, work force expansion/contraction, facility expansion, purchases of capital equipment, promotional activities, and many other aspects of a company. Provide an overview of the health care market in the local community and potential major competitors.
b. Marketing Strategy & Planning: Describe the organization/system’s marketing strategy, scope of services (inpatient, outpatient, managed care, integrated). Note where you think the organization is positioned in the broader local, state, national, or global market.
- System Outcomes
. Socioeconomic: Examine any concerns related to treating Special Populations based on the demographic makeup of the community served.
a. Globalization: Identify how the health system/organization could generate a more global impact and what critical health policy issue or issues would it address (access, cost, or quality). Describe what strategies you would recommend for this company to increase partnerships in the local, state, national and global marketplace.
Students should use the following format for their written assignment.
- Your paper must include three (3) to five (5) pages of written content.
- The content pages do not include the title, abstract or reference pages.
- Use APA format and cite sources, as necessary. If you need a refresher on APA, reference the APA Learning Unit. Do your resources meet the CRAAP test?
- In addition to the 3 to 5 pages of written content, please include a separate:
a. Title Page
c. Appropriate Headings and Sub-Headings
d. Reference Page (minimum of 5 scholarly references)
- Student must use a minimum of 5 scholarly references — scholarly references can include peer-reviewed articles, textbooks, journals and scholarly news articles. You may not use the course text as a reference.
Course: Healthcare Organization/ Management HSA3110
Textbook Title and Edition: Delivering Health Care in America: A Systems Approach– 7th edition
Can not use older version of this text book as well!
"Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
If yes Order Similar Paper