In this assignment you will choose three general topics of interest to you related to psychological assessment from the list below. I chose seven you can chose thethree you think will be easy to work with.
Here are th seven listed: Children with neurodevelopmental disorders, Children and adolescents with anxiety disorders, Children with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, Individuals with schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders, Individuals with intellectual disabilities, Individuals with autism spectrum disorders, and Individuals with depressive disorders.
Research five peer-reviewed articles published within the last 15 years, including a minimum of one article for each of your three chosen topics. In your paper, begin with an introduction that describes the role of assessment in diagnosis and treatment. Using your researched articles, compare at least two psychological or educational tests and/or assessment procedures for each of the topics chosen. Analyze and describe the psychometric methodologies employed in the development and/or validation of the tests and/or assessment procedures associated with each of the three topics. Debate any relevant approaches to assessment of the constructs being evaluated by any tests and assessments you described. Include an analysis of any challenges related to assessing individuals from diverse social and cultural backgrounds for each of the three topics. Conclude by evaluating the ethical and professional issues that influence the interpretation of testing and assessment data.
The Literature Review:
- Must be 6 to 8 double-spaced pages in length (not including title or references pages)APA style as outlined in the.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introduction that describes the role of assessment in diagnosis and treatment.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that summarizes your evaluation addressing the current use of psychological tests and the role of assessment in diagnosis and treatment.
- Must use at least five peer-reviewed sources published within the last 15 years, more can be added
- APA style as outlined