- Which perspective is not considered when attempting to understand the nature of a client’s presenting problem in the goals of cognitive–behavioral theory?cognitive
- What is social interest?The innate drive of a person to cooperate and contribute with others for the common good
Striving for a better future for all humans
A sense of identification with and empathy for others
An individual’s attitude in dealing with the social world
- Creative and expressive therapy is an umbrella term that does not includemusic therapy.
- Adlerians believe that discouragement:is the basic condition that prevents people from functioning.
is minimal in comparison with other dysfunctions.
can be overcome with medication.
is not part of an Adlerian viewpoint.
- Which of the following existentialists is most associated with transpersonal psychology?Kierkegaard
- Two major disorders given a great deal of attention in feminist literature are:personality disorders and bipolar disorders.
borderline personality disorders and hypertension.
eating disorders and posttraumatic stress disorder.
insomnia and posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Within the narrative approach, narrative coherence refers toClients’ ability to remember anything about their past
Storytelling interventions with couples that focus on communication skills
The counselor’s ability to be understood by the client
The connections stemming from individuals’ interactions with themselves or the environment
- When using extinction to change behavior:you should expect positive behavior to decrease.
you should expect a burst of positive behavior that fades away.
you should expect positive behavior to increase.
you should expect a burst of negative behavior, followed by positive behavior.
- The concept of core conditions, as applied to the helping relationship, includes all but one of the following:respect/positive regard
- The first person to introduce the subjects of consciousness, spiritualism, and psychical research into the mental health fields was:Abraham Maslow.
- Art therapy, dance/movement therapy, music therapy, and drama therapy are all considered:expressive arts approaches.
- Jay Haley was associated with the _________ school of family counseling.strategic