For this project, you will hypothetically be running for office. you would like to run for the Texas House of Representatives. my address is 3257 W Northgate Dr, and i am running for House of representative. This is the link for my district House of representative.
- Go to your current representative’s page, and look at the district analysis documents.
- What does your district look like (in terms of population, age, education, employment, election results)?
- What issues arise based on the district’s demographics (this will help you think about your platform)
- Is your district gerrymandered? http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/Info.aspx?rpts=maps
Your Platform, and Party Politics: (you have to take both surveys!)
- Know yourself. Take these surveys to identify your political leanings:
- http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-party-quiz/ (Political party quiz)
- http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-typology/ (Ideology quiz)
- Submit screenshots of your results (both surveys). Explain your results. What do they say about you?
- Given your results, and your previous district analysis research, what is your platform? Choose at least 3 issue stands to develop.
- Compare your issue stands with the official party platforms of your party:
- Texas Democratic Party platform:http://www.txdemocrats.org/our-party/texas-democratic-party-platform/
- Texas Republican Party platform: https://www.texasgop.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/PERM-PLATFORM.pdf
- Where do your ideas align with the party?
- Where do your ideas diverge from the party?