Select a hospital in your home county. (I Select Grady Hospital)
1. Identify the hospital that you researched.
2. List the members of the Board of Directors.
3. Indicate whether the hospital is for-profit or not-for-profit. If not-for-profit, are they a 501(c)(3) corporation?
4. Identify the CEO.
5. What is the mission of the hospital?
6. Check out the National Practioner Data Bank at http://www.npdb.hrsa.gov/index.jsp (Links to an external site.) and answer the following questions.
a. Identify the three laws that govern NPDB operations.
b. Explain whether the Data Bank information is available to the public.
c. What is the purpose of the Data Bank?
d. What do they mean by a flagging system?
e. Explain whether there is a fee for organizations to utilize the Data Bank.