Please include the following citation on the referene page of the assignment:
|Kirby, G. R., & Goodpaster, J.R. (2007). Thinking: An interdisciplinary approach to critical and creative thought (4th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson/Prentice Hall.|
Assignment 2: Critical Thinking Paper
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Your paper should present a reasoned, convincing argument for a position on a selected topic.
** Please choose one of the following topics provided to dicuss in the assignment***
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Follow the five (5) steps of persuasion: establishing credibility, acknowledging the audience’s position, constructing a rationale, transplanting root elements, and asking for a response.
2. Clearly define your position and supporting evidence.
3. Include all the necessary “evidence” for the reader to reach the expected conclusion in each argument in the paper (whether the overriding argument or one contained in an individual paragraph)
4. Ensure that each argument in the paper (whether the overriding argument or one contained in an individual paragraph) is valid and free from both formal and informal fallacies.
5. Include at least four (4) references (sources). At least one (1) of your sources must be obtained from the collection of databases accessible from the Learning Resources Center Web page.
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and effectively organized writing:
• The paper is well-organized, and every explanation is both complete and easy to understand.
• Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph for the paper.
• Main ideas should be addressed in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
• Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
• The paper should be checked for spelling and grammatical errors.
Your assignment must:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.