To prepare for this assessment, complete the following:
- Choose a specific age group to research: children, teens, young adults, middle-aged adults, or seniors.
- Research the physical and psychosocial effects of social media for a specific age group.
Then, use the APA Paper Template, linked in the Resources under the APA Resources heading, as you complete the following:
- Critically review scholarly literature that examines the physical effects of social media for your chosen age group.
- Critically review the scholarly literature that examines the psychosocial effects of social media for your chosen age group.
- Critically review reliable media sources for information related to the use and effects of social media for your chosen age group.
- Provide a rationale for a proposed research topic for the specific age group you selected while preparing for this assessment.
Note the following:
- References must be mostly scholarly in nature. In other words, direct your research to professional psychology journals and texts, as well as current articles from the media (for example, articles from PewResearch, professional journals, and respected media).
- The library guide for this course will help you locate appropriate sources.
- Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information for this purpose but may be useful for background information. Do not cite Wikipedia.
- Written communication:Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Formatting: Format resources and citations according to current APA style and formatting guidelines. Use Microsoft Word.
- Number of pages: 3–5 double-spaced pages, excluding the cover page and references.
- Number of resources: Use a minimum of four resources, with two resources being more scholarly.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12-point font.