This assignment consists of 4 questions that are to be answered in a brief essay format. Each question is worth 10 points for a total of 40 points. Answers should be a minimum of 5-7 well thought out and well-constructed sentences, demonstrating an understanding of the question/concept presented.
- Describe the “Skinner Box” and explain how Skinner used this to study the effects of reinforcement and punishment on behavior. Describe 2 ways reinforcement/rewards are used on human beings in today’s world.
- General Psychology or Introductory Psychology classes are required for many areas of study today. Explain the reasons and rationale for this requirement and outline some of the ways psychology might be used by students majoring in another area of study.
- Define and differentiate the terms “Correlation,” “Causation,” and “Illusory Correlation.” Give an example of at least one of the terms.
- The textbook discusses the Tuskegee Syphilis Study. Describe the study and indicate the study parameters that were not ethical by today’s standards. Could this study be done today? Who would have to verify the ethics of such a study if it was proposed today?
- Minimum of 5–7 well thought out and well constructed sentences demonstrating an understanding of the question/concept presented. Suggest that you submit writing to Online Tutoring-