For this assignment we will focus on the following course objective:
“Students will be able to recall the general elements of the Big Bang Theory and use the Scientific Method to evaluate the idea’s supporting evidence.”
For part 1 of the assignment use the information from these websites as well as Chapter 19
to answer these questions
1. Describe the early conditions of the universe (what the universe was like at the moment of the Big Bang) and the key events that happened in the first second of the universe.
2. Describe the key events that happened in the universe from 1 second to the first 20 minutes.
3. Describe the key events that happened in the universe for the first 300,000 to 400,000 years.
4. Describe the key events that happened from the time period of 300,000 years to the present. Include information on key points such as 400 million years after the Big Bang, 1 billion years after the Big Bang, and 1 billion years to now.
For part 2 of the assignment use the information from the above websites and your textbook to answer these questions:
5. Describe the evidence Edwin Hubble & Georges Lemaitre presented to support the Big Bang Theory & Explain what Cosmic Microwave Back Radiation is and how it supports the Big Bang Theory