Assignment 2: Describing the Sample
Building on your own research topic discussed in Module 2, discuss the following information concerning your sample. Submit your checklists no later than by the due date assigned.
Remember, this is a process so please make sure to incorporate corrections based on the feedback you received on previous assignments!
- Research Topic:
- Purpose of the Study:
- Overarching Research Question or Theory:
- Specific Research Questions/ Philosophical Underpinnings:
- Methodological Approach and Rational:
- What is the anticipated sample size: How many will be included? How will you determine this number?
- Explain the demographic variables (age, gender, ethnicity, education etc. and how these relate to the study).
- What population does the sample belong to? Ie: What are the general demographic characteristics of the population (students, children, healthy adults, mentally ill adults etc).
- Recruitment: How do you plan to recruit the participants? Will all those recruited be included in the study? Why or why not? What type of sampling procedure will you use?
- Location: Where will the data be collected?
- Discuss potential difficulties you may encounter in recruiting this population and/or discuss your plan on how to access this population.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Included research topic, purpose of study, overarching research question/theory, specific research questions/philosophical underpinnings, and methodological approach.||
|Identified the sample size and explained how this number was or will be determined.||
|Identified the demographic variables.||
|Identified the population.||
|Discussed recruitment plan.||
|Discussed potential difficulties with population recruitment.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources, displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Justified ideas and responses by using appropriate examples and references from texts, Web sites, and other references or personal experience. Followed APA rules for attributing sources.||