PROMPT: Assignment/Capstone project POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
PSYCHOLOGY CAREER CHOICE: DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOLGIST
Imagine you have just completed your first year in your first job with the career that is chosen above.
Presentation should include the following 8 questions of the career choice ABOVE:::
The following questions should be substantively addressed and answered:
- Discuss your goals and expectations for your first year in this career field
- What is the focus of your interaction with your clients?
- Explain a typical day in this future career.
- What is most rewarding about this first year? Why?
- What conflicts in your career do you believe you will encounter in this first year? How will these conflicts be resolved? (Be elaborative. A great rule to remember is “who, what, where, when, how”).
- What is your annual salary and has it met your expectations? Why or why not?
- What part of your education has benefitted you the most in achieving this career?
- What type of continuing education are you required to complete to maintain credentials/expertise and grow in this career choice?
POWERPOINT PRESENTATION SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Title Slide (1 slide)
- Body of slides, with Note portions (20 slides)
- Conclusion/Summary (2 slides)
- Reference Slide (1-2)
- USE CITATIONS BUT NOT THAT MANY; MOST OF PRESENTATION IS NEEDED TO BE SUMMARIZED
- Be certain to integrate relevant terms, theories, research findings and examples from research.
- MUST utilize the Note portion of the PowerPoint!
- Each slide should have at TWO OR MORE substantive paragraph, e.g. five- seven sentences regarding what you have highlighted on the slides.
- USE GRAPHICS
TIMES NEW ROMAN 12 FONT
NO GRAMMAR ISSUES/NO ERRORS
3 OR MORE CREDIDLE SCHOLARLY SOURCES ON REFERENCE SLIDE
****YOU WILL clearly discusses goals, expectations for first year in career field, including interaction with clients, typical day in career, most rewarding aspect of first year, conflicts, salary, education content, CE requirements. Student discusses thoroughly and coherently, using Note portion of the presentation. Highlights and graphics of slides are excellent.
*****YOU WILL provides a clear and substantive summary of what YOU found most interesting while completing assignment and at least one element of which YOU could benefit in knowing more.The bulk of the information is written within Note portion.
*****YOU WILL clearly paraphrases from at least three scholarly, academic sources and cites them according to APA Style on the References Slide.
*****Submission is clear and coherent, flows well, and has a professional appearance. Few, if any, errors in grammar/spelling are made (for written entries) or in spoken English (for video entries).