For your “Complete” assignment, you are to write a COMPREHENSIVE APA analysis paper including knowledge you gained from the Read and Attend throughout the course (including Unit 5) to address the questions and statements below. A minimum of three scholarly sources are required, and all sources should be cited and referenced in APA format. Do not self-plagiarize from the previous weeks.
For support formatting the APA analysis paper, refer to the APA Template under the Resource tab or contact the CPS Librarians. Please refer to the grading rubric for guidance. Upon completion, papers should be posted to the Unit Five Dropbox for grading.
- Discuss the five basic causes of intragroup conflict: competition (winning), resource allocation (sharing), power (controlling), work-related disputes (working), and dislike.
- Discuss the five basic causes of intergroup conflict: competition for scarce resources (realistic group conflict theory), social dominance processes, aggression, norms, and natural selection (evolution).
- How do cultural norms reflect how groups and group members respond to conflict?
- Discuss the interpersonal factors that can cause an initial dispute to intensify into a full-fledge conflict, including positional commitment, reactance, misperceptions, influence tactics (hard and soft), reciprocity, emotional contagion, and coalition formation.
- Discuss the methods that can be used to quell conflict in groups, including negotiation (hard, soft, and integrative), forgiveness and the tit-for-tat strategy, and third-party mediation.