Explain the interdependency of genetics, genomics, and ethics on nursing care.
As the Chair of your organization’s Ethics Committee you are offering professional development for the nursing staff during a lunch-and-learn session that focuses on the interdependence of genetics, genomics, and ethics. You are expecting good attendance for the presentation since free lunch will be provided. To guide your session you will create a concept map for a genetic or genomic condition for an at-risk individual or population that you are interested in.
Make sure to include the following components in the concept map:
- Description of the genetic or genomic condition
- Specific genetic and genomic assessment considerations
- The potential impact of genetic and genomic information on clients and families
- Ethical and legal considerations
- Scope of nursing practice in relation to genetic and genomic considerations