In your role as a Nurse Preceptor in your organization, you are preparing a training session for a group of new nursing graduates to familiarize them with principles of genetics and genomics using data from completing a three-generation family pedigree on yourself, a family member, or a friend. Your presentation will include how to perform a genetic assessment and include a three-generation family pedigree and genogram with standard symbols, explain possible patterns of disease, and identify possible indications for genetic and genomic services. Based on your data findings, you will explain possible associated patterns of disease and possible indications for genetic and genomic services.
After completing a three-generation family pedigree and genogram on yourself, a family member, or a friend, prepare a presentation that includes the following principles of genetics and genomics:
- Three-generation family pedigree and genogram with standard symbols with interpretation of results explained using standard terminology
- Explain possible associated patterns of disease
- Client education pertinent to the data findings
- Possible indications for genetic and genomic services
The presentation must include Microsoft PowerPoint® slides for visuals and an audio recording using Screencast-O-Matic®, a free audio recording software compatible with PC and MAC computers.
Follow these instructions to download and use this software to create your presentation.
- Access the Screencast-O-Matic® homepage by clicking on the box in the upper right-hand corner titled, “Sign Up” to create your free account.
- Create a free account (be sure to write down the email and password created for account access.)
- Once logged in, click on the “Tutorials” link at the top of the homepage and view 1. Recorder Intros
- Create your presentation by clicking on the “Start Recorder” box.
- Once finished recording click on the “Done” button.
- Next, choose, “Upload to Screencast-O-Matic®.”
- Select “Publish”.
- Choose “Copy Link”
- Place the “Link” in a Microsoft Word® document and upload to the Deliverable 4 – Principles of Genetics and Genomic Dropbox.
- For additional assistance on creating a family history, please visit My Family Health Portrait
- For additional assistance on creating a pedigree/genogram please visit the Library and Learning Services Answers page: I have been asked to create a pedigree/genogram for my nursing course. Help!
- For assistance on creating a PowerPoint® presentation, please visit Writing Guide: PowerPoint Presentations
- For additional assistance on creating a Screencast-O-Matic®, please visit the Library and Learning Services Answers page: How do I make a video of a PowerPoint presentation using Screencast-O-Matic®?
For additional writing and research support, please visit the following Library and Learning Services resources:
"Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
If yes Order Similar Paper