This unit has presented the evolution and best practices for solid waste landfills.
For this assignment, create a PowerPoint presentation. Consider yourself as the local municipal solid waste landfill operator, and you are presenting to a community group to educate them on landfills. Your presentation should address the following topics:
· evolution of waste disposal from dumps to landfills,
· types of solid waste materials that are disposed of in landfills,
· landfill location criteria,
· landfill liner requirements,
· landfill operational requirements,
· air quality and groundwater monitoring requirements,
· landfill closure, and
· other items that would interest the audience.
The elements listed below must be incorporated into your PowerPoint presentation.
· Your presentation should be a minimum of 15 slides in length, not counting the title slide and references slide.
· To provide additional context and to amplify the information on each slide, utilize the speaker notes function to further explain the information on each slide.
· Include a minimum of five images that support the content of the slides.
· Use at least two scholarly resources to support your information, one of which can be the textbook and one of which can be a source from the CSU Online Library.
· Feel free to be creative. You are allowed to utilize PowerPoint’s features to create charts, graphs, and other types of visual aids.
Please adhere to APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.