Choose a high profile case, your choice must be approved by your instructor. In 1,000-1,300 words, examine the following:
- Summarize the high profile case you have chosen.
- Describe how rational choice or trait theory apply to the case; if both apply, explain how they apply, and if neither applies explain why.
- Explain how rational choice or trait theory can be used to explain why the peoplecommitted the crime.
- Describe how rational choice and trait theorists would view this specific case.
- Explain significant studies used by the theorists and how the studies might apply to understanding the case.
Use three to four scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies: 5.2: Interpret motivation behind crime.