Could you complete the assignment listed below in APA format?
Colonialism in Southeast Asia and the Austral and Pacific Realms
As you have learned thus far in the course, Europe influenced many cultures by colonizing other countries and meshing European tradition and ways of life with the native cultures they ruled. In past assignments, you have explored this influence from the perspective of a peasant farmer, or the indigenous culture as a whole. In this Application Assignment, however, you will examine the impact of a colonial ruler from the ruler’s perspective to see how your influence changes the region.
- Choose one of the following regions to research in depth: the Philippines, Indonesia, Myanmar/Burma, Malaysia, Timor, Cambodia, Laos, Australia, New Zealand, Melanesia, Micronesia, or Polynesia.
- Consider the impact of the colonial ruler on the local cultures and economy of the region you chose.
- Reflect on the experience of the colonial ruler coming into this foreign region, and how the ruler may have gone about colonizing these areas.
- Compose a 1 – 2 page essay in which you write from the perspective of a colonizing ruler and answer the following:
- What actions did you take to colonize the countries that you ruled? How did your actions impact the people and the economy?
- How did you use the surrounding oceans and other bodies of water to your benefit?
- Considering the state of the region today. How is your influence still evident?
- If you could go back and colonize the area again, what might you do differently and what results do you expect for your country and for the colonized country? If you would do nothing differently, explain why.