Resources: Week 1 readings and activities, University Library, internet
This week was an introduction to mythology and how it is viewed academically and in popular culture. The activities this week have focused on myths in different cultures around the world. In this assignment you will share what you learned.
Write a 525- to 700-word paper in which you answer the following questions:
- How is the word myth used in popular culture?
- For example, what does the statement, “It’s a myth” mean? In contrast, how is the word myth used in the academic context?
- After considering the definition in your readings and course materials, write a definition in your own words.
- What are the most common mythological themes across different cultures?
- Why do myths from different cultures around the world address such similar or universal themes? Do we see these same themes in today’s myths?
- Think about how myths explain the unknown and the tribulations of humankind.
Include citations and references throughout your paper. APA formatting is preferred but not required.
"Do you have an upcoming essay or assignment due?
If yes Order Similar Paper