1. Please name two of the most famous geographers and what they contributed to the field of geography. Describe how you use geography each day. How did you use geography in the past? How do you use it today? How do you think you will use it in the future?
PART I: MAP ACTIVITY
Use the map below to identify all numbered areas.
PART II: SHORT ESSAY
Please answer the following questions in a 1-2 page short essay using APA Format. Please be sure to use the module readings and/or other outside documented research to support all of your ideas, facts, and opinions.
Describe what geography means to you and explain the various subfields of geography. If you could pick one area of geography to study which would you choose and why? Which global region or realm fascinates you the most? Why?
How do you use geography in your everyday life? After taking this course, how do you think you will use geography in your future classes and in your future career/profession?
Describe a recent major global event and or incident that occurred and how geography impacted its overall cause. How was geography used to solve this event or incident?
PART III: GEOGRAPHY JOURNAL
Please utilize LIRN (you may visit the Academic Resource Center for a guide on how to utilize LIRN successfully) and search for one peer reviewed research article that covers any of the following:
- identify the defining criteria for geographic realms and regions.
- analyze geography’s spatial perspective as it applies to human activity.
- differentiate among the major elements of the natural environment and their general geographic characteristics.
- name and locate the three largest world population clusters.
- examine the concept of cultural landscape.
- explain the meaning of state.
- analyze the spatial dimensions of economic development and the World Bank’s global classification scheme.
Then write a 1-2 page review/reaction/reflection paper describing that article using APA format (please visit the Academic Resource Center for a concise guide on APA format). Be sure to include the following:
- Goals/Objectives: What is the purpose of the article? What does it attempt to solve, determine, or demonstrate?
- Data: Which data are assessed or analyzed to determine if the goals/objectives are met?
- Methods: What specific methodology is used to analyze the data in the context of the goals?
- Analysis/Conclusion: What resulted from methods being applied to the data? What do the author(s) conclude from the analysis or how do they interpret the analysis/results?
Your critical review of the article must include the following:
- Assessment: Were the goals and objectives clearly stated? Did the goals match the methods and results? Was the article easy to follow?
- Importance: What, in your view, is the importance of this research? What impactdoesknowing this have on geography?
- Improvement: What, if anything, could the author(s) have done to improve the article?
- Reaction: What is your opinion of the research conducted?