Review what you’ve learned about group communication and problem-solving in Chapter 10 in your textbook. Then CHOOSE ONE of the following topics below. After you’ve written your essay, submit to the drop box.
1. Apply Your Skills: Group Experience
Write a 2-page essay about a group experience you’ve had.
- Answer each of the following 5 questions. Be sure to identify each question by its number.
- Describe the best group member or teammate you have encountered. How did that person’s behavior compare to this chapter’s description of effective team members?
- Think of a successful brainstorming session or a session with problems in which you’ve participated as a group leader or member. What factors caused the success or led to the problems? If there were problems, what could be done to address them?
- How can group members adapt to work effectively if the leader is using an authoritarian style and the group would prefer a more democratic style?
- Using the suggestions and following the examples presented in Chapter 10, draft a brief agenda for an upcoming meeting of a group you’re in.
- Review Table 10.1 in your textbook. What other patterns of difficult group behavior have you encountered in groups? How would you suggest dealing with the behavior?
2. Apply Your Skills: Conflict Experience
- In a Microsoft Word (.docx / .doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) document, write a 2-page essay describing an experience handling a one-to-one conflict (professional or personal). Apply at least three of the concepts from textbook Chapter 10 as evidence of your understanding of the concepts presented in this module.
- When you have finished writing, make sure you spell check and proofread for any errors and/or submit to Smarthinking. Then go to the Conflict Experience Essay folder dropbox and submit your essay. Make sure you include all formatting for MLA (header, spacing, in-text citations, etc.)
- IMPORTANT! All papers must be double-spaced, with 1-in margins, 12 point Times New Roman font, correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.