Healthy People 2030-Annotated Bibliography
Student Learning Outcomes
- EBP:Discuss research findings from evidence-based literature and research-based interventions to the practice of the community health nurse.
An annotated bibliography is a list of citations to books, articles, and websites. The annotation is a brief paragraph which describes and critically evaluates the source. Typically, the purpose of the annotation is to describe the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the source cited. An annotation is a brief paragraph (usually about 150 words) that may include the following information: Summary of the source, assessment of the source, and/or reflection of the source.
For the purposes of this course, the annotation will include a brief paragraph (150 words or less) summarizing the research article with a separate paragraph (at least 4-5 sentences) at the end that includes a reflection of how the research is applicable to community health nursing. Instructions for the assignment are included below:
- Go to Healthy People 2030 . (Links to an external site.) Read the home page and then browse objectives by topic. From the topics, identify a health condition or health behavior that affects a population and is of interest to you.
- Visit the library website https://www.uttyler.edu/library/ (Links to an external site.)
- Search for 1 research article with a nurse author published within the last 7 years related to your Healthy People 2030 topic and objective. (tip: if you search in CINAHL, you can select “research article” in your search to help ensure that only research articles show in your search results. Research will have a sample, methods, results, etc. You can also select “Any Author is Nurse” to help ensure that the articles returned are those with a nurse author.
- Summarize the research article in your own words in 150 words or less.
- Write a separate paragraph (at least 4-5 sentences) reflecting on how the research article is applicable to community health nursing. In your reflection, include the specific objective from Healthy People 2030 that relates to the article.
- Submit Annotated Bibliography and your research article (pdf format) via the assignment link.
Annotated Bibliography RNBS 4601
|Annotated Bibliography RNBS 4601|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeTitle/Topic 10%||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeArticle 30%
Topic is from Healthy People 2030; at least 1 author is a nurse
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeAnnotation 30%
(a summary of each article in 150 words or less-per article)
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeReflection 20%||
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWriting Mechanics/APA Style 10%||
|Total Points: 100|