Address two of the three scenarios (your choice) listed below. (Clearly use headings in your post to designate which options you are addressing.)
Option A: A recent psychology graduate named Kaylynn is currently seeking a career position with the local community college as a marketing director.
- How can her understanding of learning psychology support this position?
- How can she express these acquired skills most clearly in her interview?
- If you were Kaylynn, what knowledge or skills would you be sure to include? Please provide a rationalization.
Option B: The retail department store that Nikky, a psychology graduate, works for, is changing how they address customer service, and over the next several weeks the store will be requiring all sales personnel to attend training sessions. As a sales manager, Nikky has heard her employees make comments reflecting their frustration with this requirement; they believe they do an adequate job, so why change what they are currently doing?
- How can Nikky, based on what she knows about the psychology of learning, encourage the employees to be more open to learning the new procedures?
- What rationales does learning psychology offer us to explain why we may believe we do not need to learn new things?
- Again, based on this area of psychology, how might the attitude of the employees affect their ability to effectively learn, even if they were to attend?
Option C: Larry is the senior vice president of a lucrative manufacturing company. He recently hired a young man, Jackson, to work in the warehouse. After observing his work, Larry feels that, with some additional training, Jackson has a lot of potential to advance. But Jackson seems disinterested in advancing any of his skills and knowledge to achieve higher pay or stature in the company.
- Based on learning and motivation theories, if Jackson is required to attend training geared to advancement, without the desire himself, how effective might he be at accommodating the new information?
- Identify and summarize a theory that supports your response.
Discussion posts should equate to approximately 350 to 400 words.