How Culture Influences Legal Traditions
Select a country from the list below and describe in a 1,000–1,250-word paper how the culture influenced the legal traditions that were formed within that country. Your paper should:
· Compare and contrast your chosen country’s legal system with two other legal systems.
· Include a Venn diagram illustrating the differences and similarities between the systems.
· Discuss multiculturalism within your chosen country.
· Address how culture has impacted the development of the tradition.
· Discuss how tradition has impacted the development of the legal system.
· Consider if there have been any cultural or political changes in the last 10 years that have affected the criminal justice system of the country.
· Address whether modifications should be made within the criminal justice system to address differences among the various cultures including any modification that have already been made, if any. Be sure to discuss actual culture considerations and not just historical events.
Country list: Any country that is part of the United Kingdom, Iraq, China, Hong Kong, or Botswana
Visit Microsoft support for assistance with creating a Venn diagram .
Create a Venn diagram. Microsoft Support. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-a-venn-diagram-d746a2ce-ed61-47a7-93fe-7c101940839d
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
· Include a cover page and references page in 10–12 point font (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable)
· Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained
· Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
· Writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful
· Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
· Appropriate citation style should be followed
You should also make sure to:
· Include a title page with full name, class name, section number, and date
· Include an introductory and concluding paragraph and demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English
· Use examples to support your discussion
· Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cite within the body of your paper using APA format and citation style. For more information on APA guidelines, visit Academic Tools.
Directions for Submitting Your Assignment
Compose your assignment and save it in the following format: Course#_LastnameFirstname Unit # Assignment (example: CJ509_SmithJohn Unit 2 Assignment). Submit your assignment to the appropriate Dropbox by the end of the unit.