According to the text and journal readings, there has been an increase in violence perpetrated by adolescents, including school-related violence and crimes against parents or siblings. Provide possible explanations for the reported increase in these types of crimes. Additionally, the issue of bullying has become an area of particular interest and is a crime perpetrated by and against minors over the past decade. Read the two journal articles which explore various factors related to the perpetrators and victims of bullying and address the following:
- Identify at least two risk factors associated with victims of bullying.
- Identify at least two general characteristics of minors who engage in bullying behaviors.
- Summarize why this research is important. Identify how knowing these risk factors and characteristics may affect victims.
- What changes might you implement in a school system in an attempt to reduce incidents of bullying after being made aware of these risk factors and characteristics?
- Outline the information you would provide to school district officials and policy makers regarding this issue.
Posts should be at least 300 words. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings by Day 7.