Multiple sclerosis is a condition that affects the central nervous system. In this assignment, you will explore this condition in more detail using the scenario below.
Scenario:A friend of yours discloses that he was recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Being the caring friend you are, you wish to know more about the condition and how you can best support your friend. You decide to research this disease further.
To complete this assignment, do the following:
- Research this disease using a minimum of 2 sources. You can use your textbook for one of the sources. Choose the remaining source(s) from the GALE Virtual Reference Library provided on the Structure and Function of the Human Body library guide page.
- In a minimum of 2 pages (not counting the references page), address the following:
- Explain how multiple sclerosis affects the nervous system.
- Describe the treatment options that are available for your friend.
- State whether it was possible for your friend to have prevented this condition.
- Include a references page at the end of your document, formatted using the APA guidelines, that lists your research sources.