NEW AND INTERESTING-GB600 Unit 3 Assignment
Assignment 1: PowerPoint Presentation
Consider your current work environment or one that you desire to join. Through a PowerPoint® presentation, propose a team approach to achieve a long-term business goal.
Develop a slide presentation that includes the following:
- Title slide.
- Introduction—Be sure to introduce the reason you are proposing a team approach by identifying the long-term business goal you desire to achieve.
- Actions for the organization level—(see DuBrin text, Table 9-1)
- Identify which of the seven actions are appropriately established and which need to be revised or developed.
- Propose recommendations for policy and structure changes to better enable the successful deployment of a team approach.
- Actions at the leader level—(see DuBrin text, Table 9-1)
- Using the 12 actions that leaders can take as a model, identify three strengths that seem generally consistent among leaders in the organization and three opportunities for development.
- Propose recommendations for leader training and development to help the team approach succeed.
- Actions at the individual level—(see DuBrin text, Quiz 9-1 & Quiz 12-3)
- Using the Leadership Self-Assessment Quiz 12-3, determine your personal conflict resolution style and summarize what indicates for team membership and leadership.
- Using the Leadership Self-Assessment Quiz 9-1, determine your team player attitudes and propose recommendations for how you will improve your ability to contribute to team goals and objectives through active participation and collaboration.
- Conclude with a call to action that seeks sponsorship and support for this initiative.
Provide Detailed Notes—The detail of what would be your verbal presentation must be represented in the notes section of each slide.
- Demonstrate mastery of the topics.
- Inform and persuade your audience of your choices.
- While “Content” points may be earned through the individual slides, the use of research will be demonstrated through the notes.
- “Analysis” points will mostly be earned through the notes of each slide.
- Include citations, as needed, in the notes sections.
- References—any references used may be placed in the notes section of the concluding slide as it is not necessary for the audience to see this list.
Professional presentation, clarity of slides:
- It is important that the slides be streamlined, interesting, visually appealing, and professional.
- The use of an appropriate template, SmartArt to graphically depict information, and use of graphics to enhance the message is important. Do not just submit a plain PowerPoint deck that is filled with words and bullet point lists.
- The presentation must be interesting, visually appealing and memorable.
- Slides should not be overly cluttered and should be easily viewed when presented in a large setting. Use an appropriate font and font size.
- Slides must be grammatically correct and free of misspelled words.
The point distribution for the Assignment will be as follows:
- 50% (75 points): Content, focus, use of research, and organization
- 30% (45 points): Analysis and critical thinking
- 20% (30 points): Professional presentation, clarity of slides
The Assignment will be evaluated using the Unit 3 Assignment Grading Rubric. Please ensure detailed notes for each slide. It is important that the slides be streamlined, interesting, visually appealing, and professional.