NEW AND INTERESTING-Week 4
Individual Paper- Each student will choose three cases, each from a different chapter, from the readings in weeks 1 through 2 (Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6). each students on a team will choose in consultation with other group members different cases to write up. A Reference page should be included. (100 points)
- Your responses should be well-rounded and analytical and should not just provide a conclusion or an opinion without explaining the reason for the choice. For full credit, you need to use the material from the week’s lectures, text and/or discussions when responding to the questions.
- Utilize the case format below:
- Read and understand the case. Show your Analysis and Reasoning and make it clear you understand the material. Be sure to incorporate the concepts of the chapter we are studying to show your reasoning. Dedicate at least one sub-heading to each following outline topic:
- Facts [Summarize only those facts critical to the outcome of the case]
- Issue [Note the central question or questions on which the case turns]
- Explain the applicable law(s). Use the textbook here. The law should come from the same chapter as the case. Be sure to use citations from the textbook including page numbers.
- Holding [How did the court resolve the issue(s)? Who won?]
- Reasoning [Explain the logic that supported the court’s decision]
- Dedicate 1 sub-heading to each of the case questions immediately following the case. First, restate the question and then fully answer.
- Conclusion. This should summarize the key aspects of the decision and also your recommendations on the court’s ruling
- Include citations and a reference page with your sources. Use APA style citations and references.