New And Precise Communication Skills/Biology
Discussion week 4
Part 1: Post a Response
This week is all about our DNA and gene expression. The complete set of all DNA in a cell is called the genome. The complete set of all the mRNA in a cell is called the transcriptome. Read the following article about the transcriptome found at: https://www.genome.gov/13014330/transcriptome-fact-sheet/, then address the following:
· Explain how the transcriptome helps us to better understand the differences between cells from different types of tissues that are specialized for different functions.
· What do you think is the most interesting or significant thing about the transcriptome?
Discussion week 5
In multicellular organisms, most cells that are created by mitosis are integrated into the structure of the organism. This week’s lesson looks at what happens to cells that don’t integrate properly, that are not needed, or that fail certain quality-control checkpoints in the cell cycle. Watch the Khan Academy video about apoptosis found at: https://www.khanacademy.org/science/biology/cellular-molecular-biology/stem-cells-and-cancer/v/apoptosis then address the following two issues:
· Describe at least two ways that apoptosis helps animals.
· What aspect of apoptosis do you find most interesting or significant? Explain.
Week 5 Assignment 3.1: Writing an Email
Due Week 5 and worth 150 points
Your supervisor has asked you to write a brief email on the vacation policy changes to be distributed to staff. You will need to listen to a voice mail from your supervisor with instructions on how to create the email to announce the new vacation policy. The voice mail will include specific details that must be followed in creating the email.
Create an email message in which you:
1. Create a one to two (1-2) paragraph email with five to seven (5-7) sentences that follows your supervisor’s instructions.
2. Target the appropriate professional audience.
3. Use appropriate language for professional audience.
4. Use correct email formatting.
5. Follow appropriate netiquette rules for electronic communication.
6. Meet the 250-to-500-word minimum requirement.
7. Use correct sentence mechanics, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style.
8. Provide the following heading on page one of your email and then begin your email:
. TO: Insert Professor’s Name
. FROM: Insert Your Name
. DATE: Insert Assignment’s Due Date
. RE: Create a title that relates to your topic and gets your audience’s attention