New And Precise HB SLP1 Assignment
The session long project (SLP) is a progressive assignment that involves assessing a health behavior; researching and identifying an evidence-based model or best practice strategies to best address the health behavior; creating a plan (i.e., program or an intervention) and outlining implementation procedures; and suggesting appropriate evaluation tools to measure effectiveness of the proposed program or intervention. This will be developed in phases throughout the session. The task and assignment expectations for each segment of the project will be explained in each module.
Choose one of the following topics to focus on for the rest of the session long project:
- Maintaining mental health among older adults.
- Maintaining mental health among college students.
- Maintaining mental health among high school students.
Choose one of the topics listed above to focus your literature search for the rest of the SLP. You will be writing your Module 1 – 5 SLP assignments based on this one topic.
For Module 1, conduct a literature search utilizing peer-reviewed journal articles, books, professional organization articles, government Web sites, etc. Write a 3-page background paper on the health behavior you selected.
Please read the instructions below carefully to be sure you meet the expectations in order to be eligible to earn full credit.
SLP Assignment Expectations
The following items will be assessed in particular:
- Choose a health behavior and a target population to focus on. Identify and describe the health behavior of interest and the focus target population.
- Based on your literature search, assess and provide background information on the behavior/topic. Include statistics to explain the scope of the problem.
- Provide an explanation as to why it is important to address the health behavior you have chosen.
- What benefits or consequences do the behaviors have on individuals’ health?
Association of State and Territorial Public Health Nutrition Directors (2006) Conduct a community assessment: Chapter overview.Moving to the Future. [Electronic resources]. Retrieved May 1, 2012 fromhttp://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/ocs/resource/conducting-a-community-assessment-1
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2013). The Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. Retrieved April 1, 2013 from http://www.cdc.gov/brfss/about/
Vermont Department of Health (2011). Community assessment tool kit: Nutrition and physical activity. Fit and healthy Vermonters. Retrieved October 21, 2015 fromhttp://healthvermont.gov/local/grants/documents/CommunityAssessmentToolkit.pdf
DS 2-3 pages Times new roman 12 pt
Be sure to provide in-text citation(s) and a reference list to support your viewpoints. Please use at least three (3) research sources (not Wikipedia, or fact sheets). Please do so in ALL subsequent submissions.