New And Precise Lab Report – Coal Vs Nuclear
Name: Jennifer Schneider
Instructor’s Name: Meiko Thompson
Assignment: SCIE211 Phase 4 Lab Report
Title: Analysis of Energy Sources
|Energy Source||Fuel (Coal)/Uranium Needed (tons)||CO2Emissions
|Sulfur Dioxide and Other Emissions (tons)||Radioactivity mSv (millisievert)||Solid Waste (tons)||Accidents|
|Quarter 1||Coal||625,000||1.75 Mil||75,000||0.25 mSv||150,000|
|Nuclear||18.750 / 7.5||52,500||0||0.005 mSv||125|
|Quarter 2||Coal||1.25 mil||3.5 mil||150,000||0.5 mSv||300,000||Health impairments|
|Nuclear||37,500 / 15||105,000||0||0.0075 mSv||187.5|
|Quarter 3||Coal||1.875 mil||5.25 mil||225,000||0.75 mSv||450,000||Worker fatalities|
|Nuclear||56,250 / 22.5||157,500||0||0.0075 mSv||187.5||Minor Emissions|
|Quarter 4||Coal||2.5 mil||7 mil||300,000||1 mSv||600,000||Fire destruction|
|Nuclear||75,000 / 30||210,000||0||0.01 mSv||250||Catastrophic releases leading to radiation sickness, death, and environmental contamination|
- The main purpose of the lab is to analyze the impacts associated with the use of coal-fired and nuclear power plants in electricity generation analysis will help determine which current energy source is primarily better for human sustainability.
- Hypothesis/Predicted Outcome
- My hypothesis is that nuclear power is better for human sustainability. In the sense that, it is cleaner and safer for the environment. As with coal, releasing toxins into the atmosphere. Nuclear power doesn’t have nearly as many harmful effects. And, nuclear power is more reliable and stronger.
- Provide here any results or data that were generated while doing the lab procedure.
- In this section, state clearly whether you obtained the expected results, and if the outcome was as expected.
- Note: You can use the lab data to help you discuss the results and what you learned.
Provide references in APA format. This includes a reference list and in-text citations for references used in the Introduction section.
Give your paper a title and number, and identify each section as specified above. Although the hypothesis will be a 1-sentence answer, the other sections will need to be paragraphs to adequately explain your experiment.
When your lab report is complete, post it in Submitted Assignment files.