New And Precise Microbial Research Paper
You will pick a microorganism for your paper on pathology or microbe-environment interactions. The organism can not be one of the ones your instructor goes over during lecture listed in the syllabus. Select a pathogen/microbe from current events that is an emerging or reemerging concern to you or people in your area. Provide local epidemiological data/statistics for the organism.
Your paper must include:
- Introduction to the organism (structure, cell type, morphology, metabolic requirements, natural reservoir, history, etc.)
- Introduction to the disease(s) caused by the organism (epidemiology, signs, symptoms, etc.) OR introduction to the environmental impact of the organism
- List and describe factors employed by the organism to assist in its growth, reproduction, culture conditions, host/pathogen interactions and/or virulence. (e.g. nitrogen fixation, symbiotic interactions etc.) Categorize virulence factors by mechanisms of action (Immunity Avoidance, Tissue/Cell Lysis, Colonization/Spread)
- Discussion of treatment/prevention options for the disease(s) caused by the organism (Antibiotics or other chemotherapeutics given as part of treatment and their mechanisms of action, Vaccines available and type)
- The paper should be a minimum of 5 pages of relevant and informative material that covers all of the content and requirements listed below and in the rubric. The 5 pages does not include the title and reference pages. The paper should thoroughly inform the reader.
- APA format. This includes citations and references
- Title page must have a title, student name, instructor name, course title, and date.
- No direct quotes; put information into your own words or paraphrase
- Minimum of three (3) primary and at least two (2) secondary scholarly sources, plus any other references used. You also must include in-text citations.
- 1 inch margins
- 12 point, Times New Roman
- After uploading to Turnitin, your paper will be scored for similarity. Anything above 20% similarity should be worked on further and uploaded again before the due date. Please email your instructor for more help with this.
- Over 20% similarity and/or no references will result in an automatic zero on the paper.