New And Precise Nuclear Power
Please read and understand:
1-2 pages. All original content. Due by Friday, August 30th, 2013. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Support your statements with examples. Provide a minimum of two scholarly references (Please see below sites), And No References More Than Five (5) Years Old.
The term nuclear power refers to the production of electrical energy via controlled nuclear reactions. These reactions generate heat that, in turn, creates steam that runs the generators to produce electricity. Approximately 1/8th of the electricity produced in the world is derived from nuclear power. In this assignment, you will analyze the use of nuclear power as an energy resource.
Answer the following:
First, discuss the scientific and technical concepts related to the use of nuclear power as an energy resource. Address the following in your response: One, how is energy released in a nuclear reaction? Two, how are nuclear reactions controlled? Three, what elements are involved in nuclear power production? Four, what nuclear forces are involved?
Second, explain the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear energy, detailing issues related to production, delivery, cost, radiation, air quality, and waste.
Third, identify a country whose electricity production infrastructure relies heavily on nuclear power. Compare and contrast the use of nuclear power in the United States with the use of nuclear power in this country. Provide examples of the use of nuclear power in your community or state.
Fourth, consider the three major nuclear accidents in the history of the industry: 3-Mile Island (USA), Chernobyl (Ukraine), and Fukushima Dai-Ichi (Japan). What lessons have been learned from these nuclear accidents that can be or have been used to make nuclear power safer?
Again, 1-2 pages. Due by Friday, August 30th, 2013. All Original Content. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Support your statements with examples. Provide a minimum of two scholarly references, And No References More Than Five (5) Years Old.
– The below sites were recommended sites that are and will be considered Reliable for this paper and TWO REFERENCES MUST BE FROM ONE OF THEM:
– Scientific American website (http://www.scientificamerican.com/) will have a number of good articles linked. But, sometimes charge a fee, unless you dig further.
– The Science Daily website (http://www.sciencedaily.com/) is a great place to go for reliable information.
– Discover magazine (http://discovermagazine.com/).
– Various “dot gov” sites are considered reliable (some more so than others).
– NIH or the CDC are great places to go for information regarding medical issues.
– For peer reviewed and pre-print material; Google Scholar (http://scholar.google.com/)
– http://sciencenetlinks.com/ American Association for the Advancement of Science
– http://www.si.edu/ Smithsonian
– http://www.amnh.org/ American Museum of Natural History
In addition, NY Times Articles will be mostly acceptable.
For your consideration & Thank you.