New And Precise Peer Reviewed Article Summary
Article link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29276051
Article title: Discovery, research, and development of new antibiotics: the WHO priority list of antibiotic-resistant bacteria and tuberculosis.
Article writing guidelines: Writing Article Summaries
Preparing a summary of a paper is not an easy task. Oftentimes the abstract or summary of a peer-reviewed paper is difficult part to write. Here’s a link with useful information on how to summarize a research paper:
– Article summaries must be a Word Document (.docx) with double-spaced, 12-point text.
– Place your name and the word count at the top of the page and include a title.
– The length of the summary (excluding name, word count, and title) should not exceed 225 words.
– Do not use (or reference) figures or tables in the summary.
– The body of your summary must be structured into four paragraphs as follows:
1. A clear statement of the primary purpose of the article, including the scientific question or hypothesis that the authors are addressing.
2. A description of the specific data used by the authors, with particular emphasis on the data that support the overall conclusions of the article.
3. A discussion of one or more broad implications of the article.
4. A detailed and specific description of additional research that would build on the findings of the paper.