Your Portfolio Project for this class is a community action plan designed to alleviate or correct a public-health issue in your community. Your community can be your business, school, neighborhood, town or city of residence or birth, or county.
For Option 2, your Community Action Plan will be a professional portfolio that includes a written report and a handout.
Below are some useful sites where you can find examples of the elements of an action plan.
You will incorporate into this final plan any classmates’ critiques that you found useful as well as instructor feedback.
- The written report should include: APA Format – Times New Roman suze 12, Double Space Entire Document including reference page.
- The final case study, with four sections (Symptoms, Diagnosis, Cure, and Prevention). Each section should be about a page in length. Your entire paper must be 4-5 pages in length not counting the title or reference pages, which you must include.
- You must back up your sections using at least two scholarly articles. You may use readings other than the textbook to meet this requirement.
- The key community members or partners that you plan on contacting, with an explanation why these individuals or organizations make sense as potential partners. This could include your list of potential partners created in Week 4 Critical Thinking Assignment Option #1, or your interview of one key partner completed in Week 4 Critical Thinking Assignment Option #2.
- A special emphasis on either the demographics of the affected population or the economic implications, depend on what Critical Thinking Assignment you completed for Week 5.
- A realistic timeline for your plan. Discuss the time needed for campaigning, education, funding, building, and implementation. Use ideas created during week 6 Critical Thinking Assignments, either the option for annotated bibliography or that for the brainstorming draft feedback.
- The handout that you will distribute to audience members describes the problem in your community and your action plan. You may design this as an outline of your presentation or as a brochure to accompany your presentation with highlighted key points. The purpose of this handout is both to educate the audience about the issue and to help them follow along with you as you speak. Keep in mind that in real life you will have limited time to convince people of the gravity of the situation and to come on board with their support, so you want to be persuasive and get to the key points quickly and effectively.
- Your handout must be supported by at least two scholarly articles. You may use the readings other than the textbook for this course.