New And Precise Practice Problems
v = d/t a = ∆v/t Δv = vf – vi p = m*v F = m*a g = 9.8 m/s2 Weight=m*g
CALCULATE THE FOLLOWING – SHOW YOUR WORK!!
- A motorcycle went from 0 m/s to 35 m/s in 5.1 s. What is the motorcycle’s acceleration?
- A race car was clock going 52 m/s. At another point, 5 s later, it was clocked going 155 m/s. What was the car’s acceleration?
- Calculate the speed of a bee flying 160 m in 23 s.
- Calculate the velocity of a car moving 300 m in 20 s going east towards the mall.
- Calculate the weight of a 6 kg pizza.
- A dog runs with a speed of 1.5 m/s on ice. It slides to a stop with an acceleration of -0.50 m/s2. How long does it take for the dog to stop?
- A ball is hit so that it accelerates at 10 m/s2. The ball hits a glove with a force of 5 N. What is the mass of the ball?
- A 1.5 x 105 kg train is accelerating. The force applied to the train is 7.0 x 104 N. What is the train’s acceleration?
- Calculate the momentum of an 8 kg box which slides at 5 m/s.
- Find the mass of a child who runs at a speed of 4 m/s to get a pizza with extra cheese. His momentum is 120 kg•m/s.
Click HERE to discover what your weight would be on different planets. Where would you be the heaviest? The lightest?
Click HERE to read some information and do some activities to explain the differences between free fall and apparent weightlessness.