New And Precise THE FOUNDATION OF HEALTHCARE LAW IN THE U.S
This assignment gives students the opportunity to review and dissect a legal decision, to identify its different elements, the types of laws, and basis for the decision. For this assignment, be sure to carefully read Chapter 1 from the text book as well as the case below, Simkins v. Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital. You may need to do additional research for the final question, to support your analysis.
Simkins v. Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital, 323 F. 2d 959 (1963). Retrieved from https://www.leagle.com/decision/19631282323f2d95911029
After carefully reviewing the required readings, answer the following questions. Copy the questions directly from the assignment and answer them each separately.
- Identify and explain the four sources of law in the United States and give an example of each.
- What is the citation for the Simkins case? Label each part of the citation.
- Define what are majority and dissenting opinions. Identify who drafted each for this case.
- At what level of the judiciary was this case decided?
- Identify and explain the legal statute that was examined in this case and its relevance.
- Constitutional law was also a factor in the decision. Identify and discuss the Amendments that were addressed and their importance to this case.
- The reach of this case was limited. Why is that?
- What is the relevance for health administrators in studying a case such as Simkins? There is no one answer for this, but be sure to provide your critical analysis and support it with reliable sources.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 4 pages (title and reference page is not included in page number count).
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3-4 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.
- For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following source: https://nccih.nih.gov/health/webresources.
- This assignment will be graded based on the content in the rubric.