Caroline attends the Child Health Center with her five week old infant, Lily and her three year old son Jake for a well check. Lily was born at full term by normal vaginal delivery and there have been no complications to date. Lily’s birth weight was 8.8lbs. Jake is fit and well and weighs 31lbs and is 3Ft 3in in height.
1. What are the key components of a head to toe nursing assessment of an infant?
2. What is the expected weight of Lily?
3. Is Jake’s height and weight appropriate for his age?
4. List the developmental milestones of both children in relation to; Physical, Social,
Emotional, Cognitive and Language parameters
From Lily’s assessment she is diagnosed with an oral Candida infection
5. Explain what this is
Lily is prescribed Nystatin suspension. Dose 100,000 units, three times a day.
The suspension comes as 200,000 units/ml.
6. Calculate the amount to be given to Lily
7. What will be the key considerations for medicine administration?
8. What are the family centered care considerations?