Our Sense of Self” project for Social Psychology
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 3
· Minimum of 3 scholarly sources (in addition to the textbook)
This week we explored the topics of self-concept, self-esteem and self-presentation. Take some time to reflect on your own self-concept. Who are you? How do you define yourself? How do you feel about your abilities to be successful and accomplish your goals? What image of yourself do you currently, or do you wish to moving forward present to the world. Keep that introspective reflection in mind as you move through this assignment, considering how your own understanding of these ideas has evolved over the years to your present level of development.
Now, pretend that you have been asked to speak to a group of middle school students on the topic of bullying as it relates to self-concept, self-esteem and self-presentation. Create a PowerPoint presentation that addresses the following:
· Keeping in mind your audience of 12-14 year olds, define self-concept, self-esteem and self-presentation.
· Analyze and explain the possible causes of bullying in the context of these three concepts.
· Analyze and explain the impact of bullying (on the victim and aggressor) of these three concepts.
· Provide specific actions or behaviors kids in your audience can use to stop or respond positively when they see bullying, are bullied, or are tempted to bully.
As you complete your presentation, be sure to:
· Use speaker’s notes to expand upon the bullet point main ideas on your slides, making references to research and theory with citation.
· Proof your work
· Use visuals (pictures, video, narration, graphs, etc.) to compliment the text in your presentation and to reinforce your content.
· Do not just write a paper and copy chunks of it into each slide. Treat this as if you were going to give this presentation live to a group of middle school kids – be relevant, engaging, and focused.
Presentation Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 8-10 slides (not including title, introduction, and references slides)
· Font should not be smaller than size 16-point
· Parenthetical in-text citations included and formatted in APA style
· References slide (a minimum of 3 outside scholarly sources plus the textbook and/or the weekly lesson for each course outcome)
· Title and introduction slide required