Pose the following questions to four or five college-age friends:
- Do you consider yourself to have reached adulthood? Why or why not?
- What criteria would you use to determine whether a person has become fully adult?
After recording the answers, compare them with research presented in the text, considering the following questions:
- Did any respondents give ambiguous answers? Explain.
- Did any respondents view themselves as having reached adulthood? If so, what were their reasons for thinking so?
- Did criteria for reaching adulthood vary among respondents? If so, what might explain that variation?