- Link (PDF): Pro-Position Proposal Sample
- Link (Word doc): Pro-Position Proposal Template
- Minimum of 3 articles (academic or credible online sources; 1 source will be from your discussion posting this week.)
Apply the following writing resources to your assignment:
- Link (multimedia presentation): Citing References in Text (Links to an external site.)
- Link (website): APA Citation and Writing (Links to an external site.)
The goal of the proposal is to create a working thesis statement and basic research plan that considers context, audience, purpose, and presents potential sources. A proposal is not an outline, as it does not structure the paper. Rather, a proposal offers direction for research needs and gives your professor an opportunity to provide feedback before the drafting process.
Access the Pro-Position Proposal Template and complete the six required sections:
- Research Question
- Research Plan
- Synthesis Matrix (Add the 3 pro sources.)
- Reference Page
For an example proposal, refer to pages 269-270 of our textbook.