- Diabetic neuropathy is an example of a(n)
- 2 points
- When other insurers are initially liable for payment on a medical service or supply provided to a patient, Medicare classifies them as the _________ payer.Medicare secondary
- What term is used to describe the types and categories of patients treated by a health care facility or provider?Medicare mix
- HCPCS level II modifiers consist of two characters that arealphabetic only
alphabetic or alphanumeric
one letter and one symbol
- Provider services for inpatient medical cases are billed on what basis?fee-for-service
services not billed
- New CPT codes go into effecttwice each year, on January 1 and July 1.
twice each year, on October 1 and April 1.
once each year, on October 1.
once each year, on December 1.
- The legal business name of the practice is also called theadministrative contractor
- Modifiers are reported toalter or change the meaning of the code reported to the CMS-1500 claim.
decrease the reimbursement amount to be processed by the payer.
increase the reimbursement amount to be processed by the payer.
indicate an alteration in the description of the procedure service performed.
- Each relative value component is multiplied by the geographic cost practice index (GCPI), and then each is further multiplied by a variable figure called thecommon denominator
related work total
relative value unit
- Qualified diagnoses are a necessary part of the patient’s hospital and office record; however, physician offices are required to reportqualified diagnoses for inpatients/outpatients
qualified diagnoses related to outpatient procedures
signs and symptoms in addition to qualified diagnoses
signs and symptoms instead of qualified diagnoses