- Reflect upon the survey you took. In your initial response, address some of the following questions. Explain your answers.
- Did you find it easy to make confident and decisive decisions with several strongly agree or strongly disagree answers, or did you select mostly moderate responses?
- Did any subject areas trigger personal emotions or issues? If so, do you feel you were able to remain objective?
- Were any of the decisions especially difficult to make?
- Did you employ any critical thinking or resolution strategies to determine a response?
- Did you rely on policy or legal parameters to make your decisions?
- Would you be comfortable making your answers to the survey public, or do you prefer anonymity?
- Have you dealt with similar situations and could you perceive similar situations occurring in your clinical practice?
- How might a moral inventory such as this survey impact your clinical practice?
- 1-2 pages
Please share additional thoughts as well.
Discussion Prompt #2
- Identify examples of active and latent errors. Provide examples from your clinical experience, if possible. How can such errors be avoided to support better patient care?